Re: [Torrens List] Dungiven Branch

Michael and Rachel, I enjoyed your email and I was unaware that we even had a descendant of the Dungiven Line on our list. My Father some years ago was at a Cattle Market either Kilrea or Ballymoney when he got talking to another farmer who turned out to be a Torrens from Dungiven and he informed my Father that he was the last of his line in Dungiven area.

I descend from Andrew Torrens (c1781 - 1871) of Coolneman. But I dont think your line connects with mine at all but Your line has some very famous people etc among them.

Yes, I would like a copy of the Exell Spreadsheet of the Torrens BDMs please.
My email address is  ;- sdtorrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   .

Best Wishes,

Derek.

Michael and Rachel Aron wrote:
Congratulations to Richard on the new site.

I have been in touch with some individuals but haven't previously posted to the list as a whole.

I have only one mild protest! Describing the Dungiven branch you say, Richard: 'This line has very nearly died out - only one branch is known to still survive.'

My mother, Sheila Torrens, has five children, 17 grandchildren and 11 great grandchildren and counting! I have concentrated on the descendants of Sir Henry Torrens, my four times great grandfather and have identified hundreds of descendants in numerous different lines, including quite a lot of Torrenses (ie male lines). Have a look at my tree: http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/fhs/home.aspx?tid=5248316

And if you are interested in Sir Henry and his family have a look at the website I am developing based around John Linnell's painting of Sir Henry's wife and her children: http://www.torrens.350.com/home_page.htm

For those of you with British Torrenses I have an excel spreadsheet with the births, marriages and deaths of all UK Torrenses between 1837 and 2005 - let me know if you are interested.

And if any of you know have any information about the Dungiven line please do let me know.

Michael Aron