Re: [Torrens List] Torrens Boyd of Swatragh?

Linde, Ive heard of Torrens Boyd somewhere before , but not sure if it was the same man. I probably have taken note of his name before but not sure where it is at the moment. Its possible that his Mother was a Torrens from Drumagarner as there seem to be a lot of Torrenses in and around that area that we know little about and most likely that Kernoghan missed out on finding them.

To confuse things even more, There was as I recall an Old Age pension claim of a Mary Torrens who was Married to a John Boyd sometime in the 1840s who resided at Culneman. Then in 1852 we have a Marraige at Finvoy Presbyterian Church of a Mary Ann Torrens daughter of John T, Maddiduff, to a John Boyd, son of John B, Maddiduff which is at the Vow.

I shall keep an eye out for the Torrens Boyd if I find it. My Torrens genealogy is a little rusty at the moment, which means its about time I got back into it I think !!!

Best Wishes,

Derek.

Lunney Family wrote:
Does anyone know how this man got the name Torrens?

From the online history of Dromara Reformed Presbyterian Church

A unanimous call was issued by the congregation in favour of the Rev. Torrens Boyd, minister of Ringrash, Co. Derry. Mr. Boyd who was born at Lismoyle, Swatragh, Co. Derry in 1838, accepted the call to Dromara on 13th January 1875 and was installed as the first minister on the 24th February 1875.

Linde Luney

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4025 (20090421) __________

http://www.eset.com