Re: [Torrens List] Torrens family in Garvagh

Linde,

Thank you for looking into this. I have been able to find Margaret, b. 1874, daughter of Thomas Torrens and Sara Jane Torrens (Torrens was Sara's maiden name). This connection appears to be correct, because my grandmother's name, Nan Brown Hall, matches Margaret's sister (Nancy Brown Torrens) as well as Margaret's grandmother (Nancy Brown). Margaret came to New York at age 19, and apparently corresponded with her family through her life.

I am so appreciative of all the work others have done to sort out the birth, death and marriage records. I'm a true amateur at this but find both the puzzle-solving and the stories fascinating.
Thank you for your help!

If anyone is interested in this part of the Hall/Torrens family in the U.S., let me know.

Laurie