From: Judy Hergesheimer
Date: 10/25/2010 5:13:14 PM
To: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Torrens List] Info on Jared Sidney Torrance; html??

I am also interested in more information regarding Jared Torrance's
ancestry in order to see how he fits into our Torrance families. Does
anyone remember emails from list member, Doris Torrance Coleman
around 2000?  I have only been able to find one of her emails, but she
had written in others that she and her family would go down to
Torrance often when she was a child and she was told about her
relationship to the city's founder. .I also remember phoning her when
we passed through Fresno, CA around that time.  We talked, but she
seemed elderly and wasn't up to a visit.   She usually typed her
emails in upper case because she explained that her sight was poor.
To follow up at that time, I searched the internet for further
information and talked with various "city leaders", but made no
progress. The email I sent to her today was returned ("failed
permanently").

We live about 50 - 60 miles from Torrance and I can visit their to
learn more.   Any prior information I have will help make the attempt
more fruitful.   Any thoughts or helpful background material?

Thank you.
Judy Hergesheimer