RE: [Torrens List] Interested in George Hamilton of Minard and his wife Bertha Torrance (b1861) daughter of Henry Torrance (b1835)

Sorry, nothing on my end.  Ed Kirkpatrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Galbraith [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 9:01 PM
To: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Torrens List] Interested in George Hamilton of Minard and his wife
Bertha Torrance (b1861) daughter of Henry Torrance (b1835)

Hi!

Greetings from Tokyo, Japan,

I am researching the early history of western sport in Japan and one of the
key figures is George Hamilton of  Minard in Scotlland (1845-1929) who
married Bertha Torrance. I am the historian of Japan's oldest sports club,
Yokohama Country and Athletic Club (YC&AC), founded in 1868 (George Hamilton
was one of the  founders) and you can find my (old) history of the club
here: www.ycac.or.jp/club/history

I would like to contact his descendants who might have photos, diaries and
letters etc from his time in Japan. I know a lot about George up until he
moved from Japan to Elizabethtown, NY around 1890.

I know the book was published in 1938 and there are thousands of people in
it but I wonder whether you might be able to give me any pointers or
suggestions regarding how I might be able to achieve my objective,

Kind regards,

Mike Galbraith

--
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

You may post to the list via:
http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormTorr.html