[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Torrens List] Name variation with spelling "Torrents"
- To: "TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Torrens List] Name variation with spelling "Torrents"
- From: Sonja McGiboney <sonjamcgiboney@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:33:20 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s2048; t=1440174802; bh=3fDoa9DpXMLQWXnLzrzWnBnDpQwpvp4z1GE9jularGc=; h=From:Subject:Date:References:In-Reply-To:To:From:Subject; b=uZlmkKkRrBZwZAeEaNxr/S+0BnnrYX3caP1aIJGkdYlO5R+cjdNW0D80soHCwqik2umQ7+MkX5pw6pXPyKdEnXidwKCoHB/bwtU184bUVRLe/7dE5zknBMOQGhDdFrDbdSXBCRRaG0QHi4YtkLB6ky4QdtfPkp4dvsi6bax00Vlm3dRkZL0C77D79mAI1tBNGAWTjYICE9xUEGnZWpdLB85hr+QniqUz0ZjhIObtiPiHWqusFP9uqDDoOyraeIDABjKKhpagA6BN7f786NWxO/tLZu8nK2jYnfBuOOcfeied6FOk79Kz0HG+VUPEDPqoK9fuqVl3TfHA4VAJtMOZog==
- Envelope-to: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <BE623501E72D4D4F92EF4EB07E9DF124@ShelleyPC>
- List-id: Torrens families genealogy mailing list
- References: <CAKKKkPncMN-kbDemLx75msh7JKWsaQMLCYNgA322Nfhzg_pGEg@mail.gmail.com> <BE623501E72D4D4F92EF4EB07E9DF124@ShelleyPC>
- Reply-to: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,my maiden is name, spelled Torrens but my Grandfather spelled it Torrance, I believe he resided in Canada for a while but ended up in Detroit Michigan.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Aug 19, 2015, at 2:58 PM, Shelley Prelusky <sprelusky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My line is spelled Torrance but I hear there are abt. 25 different ways to spell it. Back in the day, lost of people were not too literate. My Torrance was the first Postmaster so got the name of Torrance in Ontario, named after him.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Tamra Torrents
> To: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:10 PM
> Subject: [Torrens List] Name variation with spelling "Torrents"
> Hello All,
> Not sure how this works, but I am wondering if anyone has any information
> on the spelling Torrents. Has anyone seen this variation? My dad is
> having a difficult time tracing the family name because of this. Not sure
> if anyone knows or if you can provide any direction.
> Kind Regards,
> Tamra Torrents
> Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.
> You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormTorr.html
> To unsubscribe send a mail to TorrensList+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> List rules and FAQs: http://www.torrens.org.uk/Lists/3_rules.html
Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.
You may post to the list via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormTorr.html
To unsubscribe send a mail to TorrensList+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
List rules and FAQs: http://www.torrens.org.uk/Lists/3_rules.html