  From: Richard Torrens (ListMaster)
  To: TorrensList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2016 4:19 AM
  Subject: [Torrens List] Re: Torrens Genealogy Facebook Page.

  Hullo Derek - and everyone else.

  There are 76 names on the list - but it has been (too) quiet!

  Occasionally a new person joins - and says nothing! Despite the "Welcome
  to the list" message they get - is this too unwelcoming?

  The list has been going for many years - existing listers seem to have
  exhausted their connections via the list. So we need new members and/or
  new subjects for discussion!

  Is there anything I should change in this list's performannce to make it
  work better?

  Or is this list a things of the past that I should close? The world's gone
  away from them in favour of forums!

  My own very personal view is that mailing lists are far better than forums
  and I don't do Facebook or other social media! Which probably makes me
  redundant too!

  In article
  <1522270090.94258.535495d2-ff6b-48cc-919a-16f6e7d7d714.open-xchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
     - - <sdtorrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > Hello everyone, Im not sure if I mentioned this before but would like to remind you that I started a Torrens Genealogy Facebook Page ;- <https://www.facebook.com/groups/471391326214105/> https://www.facebook.com/groups/471391326214105/ a year or more ago.

  > We now have 123 members and its great to share photos and put faces to those of us who have ben in touch for many yeears here on the Torrens Email List. Its also great to share photos and stories on our Family History.

  > Richard Torrens, You could also add this link to your Torrens and Bann Valley website.

  > Everyone welcome to join and hope to see you there.

  > Regards

  --=20
  Trim your reply and do not quote irrelevant parts of previous message.

  You may post to the list or send attachments
      via: http://www.Torrens.org.uk/Contact/FormTorr.html