[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[4qd-bannvalley] Re: Craigall Craigala and Craiglea
- Subject: [4qd-bannvalley] Re: Craigall Craigala and Craiglea
- From: 4qd-bannvalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Torrens (Genealogy))
- Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:46:29 +0000 (GMT)
- In-reply-to: <001301c60fc0$f2a69a20$7e8d4354@Computer>
- References: <4de2033010R.Torrens@4qd.org> <001301c60fc0$f2a69a20$7e8d4354@Computer>
In article <001301c60fc0$f2a69a20$7e8d4354@Computer>,
David Morrell <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Richard, I have a putative ancestor who is recorded in the 1831
> census as Samuel Morell of Craigall. I have so far assumed that the
> location was as quoted by you. Other contemporary members of the family
> are recorded as at Lisachrin/Moylettra and Movenis not far away and
> later members of the family were located at Moneydig. It is possible
> that Samuel was a quarryman and I have wondered if there was a quarry
> at the rocks of Craigall. I will be interested to see what responses
> you get to your enquiry. Regards, David.
Surely the same as Craigall Rocks. The rocks remain: the houses nearby get
deserted, and te name leaves the map.
It's a mere 2kM south of Moneydig!
Richard Torrens - torrens@xxxxxxx
Bann Valley Genealogy site: http://www.4qd.org/bann/
Torrens genealogy site: http://www.4qd.org/torrens/
Mailing lists: http://www.4qd.org/torrens/maillists.html